Thursday 15 January 2015

My fave drugstore lip balms

Due to the season I wanted to do a post for you ladies on my fave drugstore lip care products that stick with me throughout the wintery season. As I use a lot of matte lipsticks during the day, my lips tend to dry up a lot so I use a chapsticks at night to hydrate my lips overnight. 

My holy grail lip care product has definitely got to be the Superdrug 'The Little Soothing Green Lip Tin' - this product is simply amazing! I cannot express how well this product works. The Aloe Vera actively works on dry skin/scaly lips and as its a thicker formula than Vaseline it works at a faster pace and gets the job done straight away. I've been using this products just over a year and only use it on nights were I think my lips need an extra moisture and it works brilliantly. However the first time I used this product I felt as if my lips were burning as it work actively rather than over a couple of days. There's also the strong aloe vera smell which I hated at the start of using the product but I actually love it now as I know the product is doing its job so I would definitely recommend this product to whoever suffers from sore and dry lips constantly. 
Superdrug - 'The Little Soothing Green Lip Tin' (£1.49 OR 3 for £3 on Selected products)
My second lip balm which I use on a daily basis overnight is the Nivea Lip balm in 'Essential Care'. I love using this product when I don't feel that my lips need such an active product such as the Superdrug lip balm as Nivea soothes my lips overnight. I found that after using the other products in this range the 'Essential Care' was the best as its a thin formula which soaks into the skin overnight leaving nothing behind in the morning.
Nivea - 'Essential Care' Lip Balm (£1.10 at Superdrug)
These are the two main lip balms that I currently use from the drugstore. If there are any that you ladies recommend or want me to review do leave a comment below. 

Thank you for reading my lovelies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment