Friday 2 January 2015

MY MORNING SKINCARE ROUTINE

For this post I wanted to share with you ladies my morning and night routine as I only figured out what was good for my skin after testing a LOAD of different products. I change up my routine every few weeks and only use some harsh products on my skin from week to week so my skin isn't prone to damage. 

I use my holy grail scrub, the St Ives apricot scrub which I literally cannot put in to words how much this product has saved my skin! I usually  purchase the 'Naturally Clean - Blemish Fighting' scrub but as Superdrug had a boxing day sale I decided to grab a few others to try out. This scrub is for oily/blemish prone skin which is why I use it, however it is harsh on the skin and as I have dry and sensitive skin I only use this up to three times a week. The micro-exfoliants helps lift away impurities, blackhead and oil that will lead to blemishes - I have been using this scrub nearly over a year and have found that it does work ladies. It does exactly what it says on the product and as everyone has different skin there are many different scrubs to suit the various types of skin. Many reviews I read before coming across this product were from teenagers who all said it helped them from acne and faded some red marks and spots. My skin is very blemish prone and after using this product I can definitely say I have seen a massive difference. 

The different types include:
  1. Blemish Fighting for Oily/Blemish Prone Skin
  2. Invigorating scrub - All Skin Types
  3. Gentle Scrub - Dry/Sensitive Skin
  4. Renew and Firm - All Skin Types
    St Ives Scrub Range - Image Source: freebies2deal.com 

After using the scrub I go in with my Body Shop Tea Tree Toner lightly over my face to give me clearer looking skin. I also use this product after removing my make-up as it helps in this process and also works to leave the skin shine free, so this product works on oily skin as well all skin types. I put the product onto a cotton wool pad and gently massage it all across my face focusing on the areas where I think I need the product more to help my skin. I only recently started using this product and I can honestly say my skin is looking clearer and more healthier looking day by day. A review for this this will be up on the blog soon.

The Body Shop Tea Tree Toner - Image Source: thebodyshop.co.uk

Alongside this I also use the St Ives Olive scrub which gently moisturises the skin after using the Apricot scrub. After I use this scrub my skin feels softer and moisturised so in a nutshell this product actually works. I also had positive feedback from friends and family who I recommended it to and they said they cannot live without it so definitely check this one out my lovelies. 

To finish off my morning routine I use the Tea Tree Clearing Lotion which gives me perfect wake up call as I apply it, it gives my skin a tingly feeling like its actually working. This is the perfect after cleansing lotion I have ever used, I came across this by accident as it was part of a box set (the tea tree range) which I honestly love. I will also be reviewing the entire range that I have used soon as I haven't used the products long enough to give my opinion. But this I will definitely buy again as I do think it actually does the job.
Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion - Image Source: thebodyshop.co.uk

I will be blogging my night routine soon. I hope you ladies enjoyed this post. Please do comment if there are any reviews you'd like me to do.

Thank you for reading my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment