Sunday 28 December 2014

REVIEW: MAC Lipstick (Shades; Taupe and Diva)


MAC - DIVA - £15.50

There isn’t any shopping trip that I can walk past MAC and not purchase anything at all, it’s a bad habit but I think its good because I can review them for you girlies. I picked up the MAC Matte lipsticks in Taupe, which is on the ‘nude’ and ‘brown’ shades whereas the Diva is more on the ‘burgundy’ and ‘dark’ side. I do love both the lipsticks and I used them everyday depending on my mood, as you girls know the lipstick matches the mood.

This lipstick basically does what its for; it’s a creamy formula which dries up to a matte finish and all you need is one coat as it very pigmented which means you use less daily. However the Taupe needs two layers if you’re really looking for the ‘bare’ look which I tend to go for when I do the ‘cba makeup look’ – guilty as charged, I do need to stock up on that.

MAC - TAUPE - £15.50
Another thing I LOVE about this product would be that as the day passes I don’t feel the need to re-apply my lipstick as it doesn’t fade and looks fresh from the morning application. When I use drugstore lippies, I always stay cautious as they do need to be re-touched during the day on many occasions as they are not very pigmented and don’t last.

Taupe is a nudey brown shade which I love for when I don’t have time to apply lip liner so I would just apply the lipstick however as Diva is a deep burgundy shade you do need lip liner to initially define your lips and then use the lipstick, this will also give you a great finished look for your overall make up.

One major let down on the beautiful Diva would be that as its quite a dark colour and very pigmented you need to ensure you hydrate your lips overnight as it does tend to dry up your lips after you remove it, this is due to the Matte and its shade. I would not recommend you hydrate your lips with Vaseline or a lip balm before application, as this would remove the matiness from the final look.

In a nutshell, I would definitely recommend buying these products as Mac have the best shades and also as you only need on layer and you’re good to go for the day.

To give you girlies a better look at the shade of the lipsticks here are some photos of me wearing. I hope they help you in choosing your shades. (I am a shade NC35 at MAC) J  

MAC - TAUPE
MAC  - DIVA

No comments:

Post a Comment